Saturday, October 23, 2010

Diagnosis: Always-choosing-the-hard-option-mania

Always-choosing-the-hard-option-mania was the diagnosis my friend gave me for my condition as I shared with her my troubles, blessings, and life stories to date. Apparently, I have a tendency to choose the road less taken in almost all of my life's aspects. Should I be concerned? Maybe.

Presenting symptom: After high school when I chose to do psychology vs. some other fields with greater job prospects all over the world.

Other subsequent symptoms: choosing to come to USA vs. Aus, NZ, or Spore (countries closer to home with more M'sian support), attracted to guys with characters and in professions that are harder to be in a relationship with (not gonna describe) vs. regular guys with more relaxed workload, chose an off-mainstream psychology field for graduate school, chose to do a high-stress clinical training vs. just staying in Minnesota where everything and everyone were good to me and allowed me to do whatever I want, probably not going to settle for regular marriage life with own kids (maybe not gonna have kids or choose to adopt).

Positive outcomes: Increased confidence and independence, increased resourcefulness, greater cultural exposure, a lot of adventures and stories to tell others, a lot of places around the world visited and will visit...

Setbacks: constantly facing uncertainties, worrisome to parents, no set friends whom I can physically go to all the time, a lot of money involved, lack comfort and security.

Prescribed treatment: None.

Yikes....

No comments:

Shout Box


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix