Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bus Turistic - Hop On and Off

I had a "nauseating" start this morning. After I heated up my water + milk to make hot chocolate, I opened the cocoa container and I saw something white and it was moving. I looked more closely and it was a worm. Then I looked inside and the thing was filled with worms...errr.. When I made them the past few times, I noticed strings of cocoa but I thought they were just stucked together. I didn't know I was making "worm cocoa drink" this whole time. That made me sick. I almost could not eat my breakfast but I managed to pushed that out of my head and just downed my food. I told my senora later in the day and I found out that it has long expired - 2004. Yuck!

After breakfast, I met up with Cara and her friend Karen today at Plaça Catalunya before we hopped on the bus turistic or touristic bus that takes us around the city and stopping at attractions for us to hop on to explore the attractions at our own pleasure. When we are done, we can just hop on to the next bus turistic that comes every 7-15 minutes. Today, we toured part of city via the blue line. Tomorrow, we will tour the another part of the city via the red line.

My two favourite places are Mont Juic and Plaça Espanya (I guess it's just Mont Juic since Plaça Espanya is on Mont Juic). It was great being on the hill top overlooking the city, being at the 1992 Olympic stadium and the open space that made me felt free. The Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya (MNAC) on top of the hill overlooking the magic fountain and the city was the best art museum that I have been too featuring Catalonian, Spanish and some European art arranged periodically from the Romanesque period(12th to 13th Century) to Modern Art. The Romanesque gallery had walls built with the actual frescos/murals gathered from the crumbling churches from the Romanesque time to reflect the actual positions of the arches, pillars etc in the churches. It was great. We could not cover everything in the museum today so we are going to the museum again tomorrow. It is a great thing that they made the tickets valid for two days.

Today's trip was great. I hung out with two friends who were also laid back today. Just chilling and enjoying our trip. We also had tapas by the beach at Port Olympic. I had cava for my drink.

In the afternoon, as we were waiting for the bus to arrive at the Barrio Gothic stop, Cara asked me what were my traveling plans for next weekend. I said I didn't know. I thought of going to Vienna to visit some of my friends there but the tickets were just overly priced for a weekend trip. We all threw out place names and put it out there that we would let each other know if we need travel buddies to go wherever. We were thinking about going to either Madrid or Lisbon next weekend together. I'm happy about that. =) I'm looking forward for more travels wherever life takes me.
La Pedrera (one of Gaudi's best work - a UNESCO world heritage site)


Inside MNAC - the romanasque gallery


Karen, Cara and me outside MNAC (at Plaça Espanya)


The Olympic torch outside the Olympic stadium


The yachts and ships in Port Olympic

No comments:

Shout Box


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix