Sunday, August 3, 2008

Pleasant Sunday

Mmm..yummy!
What a pleasant and relaxing day it is today! I just woke up and the first to-do was to cook for the next four days. LOL! It's hard to believe but I actually enjoy cooking. Chopping the vegetables, meat, experimenting different methods of cooking, watching my roommate cook, and cleaning were fun. While engaged in the activity, I just forgot about time and the other work that I have to do; I merely do what I was doing in the present. It just goes back to being in the now and the power that lies in the present moment.

Later that day, I spent my time surfing the net and studying in the library with my roommate. I got a lot of studying done and I'm glad about it. When we were done, we went jogging and that was at 8pm. By the time it got back, it was dark. Jogging made me feel fat because I had to stop after running for ten minutes and had to walk the way back. *Sigh* Nevertheless, I'm just happy I got to run after weeks of sedentariness. My goal of getting a well-toned body would have to wait (It's for the greater good) as I got placed into the control instead of the exercise group in the WISER study (a research on the effect of exercise on the prevention of breast cancer). Hence, I cannot exercise more than 2-3 times a week. If I have gotten into the exercise group, I would have to exercise 5 times a week, 45 minutes a day with a trainer. So Cool! Oh well, random assignment has got me into the control group. Tough luck. Being able to exercise 2-3 times a week is not too bad but that would be left to my own motivation. I suppose being in the control group is better for me since my fall schedule is jammed packed.

Author Sarah Breathnach of "Simple Abundance" talked about how important and life-enriching it is to just write down 5 things that we are grateful for every day. And from my past experiences on blogging about life lessons and things that I am grateful for, I noticed that I became more observant and aware of the things around me, to think about what to write in my blog. Thus, the suggested process really aids to development of consciousness. So from today onwards, I'm gonna end my blog post with 5 things that I am grateful for.

1. I appreciate that Raihan bought Yi Wen and I apple pies from BK
2. I am grateful that I managed to finish reading my notes
3. I am grateful that I got to cook and bake cookies with a good cook, my roomie (fortunate to room with sb who can cook well)
4. Today is a peaceful day with very little disturbance
5. I got to talk to my parents and bf on the phone =)

No comments:

Shout Box


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix