Monday, March 17, 2008

Long gone were the days when I was still a girl

As I looked outside the window, I was impressed by the cushy clouds floating below the plane. The peace and beauty just resonated with me today. Long gone were the days when I sat in the plane and missed my home and parents and worried a great deal about leaving my secure home. I'm traveling around as a big girl now. Today, I flew to St Louis with my roommate Brittany to her home. She will be taking me around and I'll get to see the famous arch (that's all I care about..hehe).

Our flight was supposed to have one stop in O'hare airport in Chicago but thankfully, due to the bad weather in Chicago, the people in American Airlines decided to reroute us to fly directly from Minneapolis to St Louis.. Woohoo. From a 4 hour flight to a 1 hour flight.

When I entered the plane, I was so surprised and amused by how small the plane was. The maximum capacity was approximately 77 ppl. It was smaller than a Fokker. Hahaha...Wait till I put the pictures up. There was only one air stewardess and she was a grandma stewardess. Not exactly the image of air stewardess that I carry-young, pretty, slim.

We landed at the airport in on time after a horribly turbulent and bumpy ride which I fortunately managed to slept through most of it. After waiting for a long time for our luggage, we decided to ask the staff where our luggage is. As feared, they forgot to move our luggage to the plane we are in. According to them, it's in Chicago and the flight there has been delayed too. So, luckily we got the direct flight. However, as Brittany lives an hour drive from the airport and there was no guarantee when the bags will actually arrive, we decided to leave and have them send them to her house tomorrow. So, I'm stuck without my precious luggage till tomorrow.

Nevertheless, I am just grateful that we took the direct flight. I couldn't imagine how long we had to wait in Chicago if we were stuck there. Rumor has it that one usually do not get through Chicago airport without any problems. Next time, whenever my flight get rerouted again, I'll deliberately ask them to check if my luggage has been transfered to the other plane. Lesson learned. Checked!

Btw, I had food from White Castle today for dinner. It was so funny. "Harold and Kumar: Journey to the White Castle" They have small burgers that look like "pau" and they come in around four burgers in one meal. Cute and yummy but BELLY BLOWING!

P.S. Pictures will only be up after Spring Break.

No comments:

Shout Box


Free chat widget @ ShoutMix